What we believe
1. We believe in the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, His cross and resurrection, to fully transform lives that are surrendered to Him. The scripture says “If any man is in Christ he is a new creation – the old has gone, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5 v 17) We expect to see His transforming work among us.
2. We believe in the power of prayer and are called by the Lord to be a house of prayer for all nations. (Matthew 21 v 13 and Isaiah 56 v 7) Prayer is crucial to the life of the church. Our desire is to see situations, people and nations changed through prayer.
3. We believe in the power and proclamation of the message of the Bible – that the Bible is the inspired Word of God from Genesis to Revelation. We believe that “all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of Godmay be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3 v 16) ,
4. We believe that the power of sacrificial love as demonstrated and taught by our Lord Jesus Christ should be evident in the church. We seek to live out the command of our Lord Jesus Christ to “love God and to love our neighbour in order that the world may know that we belong to Him”. (John 13 v 34)
5. We believe that we should be fully surrendered to our Lord Jesus Christ and devoted to Him. We seek by the grace of God to be pure in our thought, speech and conduct and pray that the life which people see in us will reflect the vitality, power and purity of our Master, our Lord Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in the power of the peace of God and seek to live in it by casting all our burdens upon Him, praying for one another and bearing one another’s burdens (Galatians 6 v 2). We should remember the poor.
7. We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit to release the joy of the Lord among His people and that the things which are impossible with men are possible with God. We expect to see the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the miracle working power of God evident among us.
8. We are committed to the wholehearted worship of our risen Saviour, our risen ascended glorified Lord Jesus Christ.
As agreed by KCC Partnership.